- Acting head warns of CFTC underfunding
Wetjen says commission has ‘handful of people’ reviewing complex regulatory data, and points to collapses of MF Global and Peregrine Financial
Posted on 12 March 2014 | 12:11 am
- Hedge fund founder cannot afford £3m fine
Alberto Micalizzi, founder of Dynamic Decisions, which suffered ‘catastrophic losses’, is claiming financial hardship in challenge to FCA fine and ban
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 11:59 pm
- Fannie and Freddie plunge on Senate bill
Release of a Senate bill to unwind government mortgage groups unlikely to lead to housing finance reform this year as elections loom
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 10:56 pm
- Virtu admits weakness on expense accounting
The trading firm has taken steps throughout the past year to shore up its financial accounting in preparations for a possible listing
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 10:50 pm
- Stand-off over Europe’s bank resolution plans
EU finance ministers agree fresh concessions to MEPs to break impasse that threatens to delay flagship eurozone crisis reform by a year or more
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 10:10 pm
- Nick Sketch: investment trusts with an edge in income
Four themes have deterred income-seekers from investing in investment trusts (ITs) in recent times
Posted on 12 March 2014 | 12:01 am
- Slim Feriani warns on ‘ugly’ frontier ETFs
Advance Emerging Capital’s CIO Slim Feriani warns that accessing frontier economies through ETFs could turn ‘ugly’ for investors.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 3:05 pm
- AXA IM £10.2bn inflow powered by Framlington & bonds
The continued popularity of the likes of AXA Framlington's UK equity manager Nigel Thomas helped fuel a significant increase in inflows at the firm in 2013.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 2:51 pm
- Co-op crisis: board fails to convince chief Sutherland to stay
Last-ditch boardroom talks have failed to convince Euan Sutherland to remain as chief executive of the mutual he described as 'ungovernable' in his resignation letter.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 2:10 pm
- Citywire Wealth Manager Conference & Awards: Day 2 pictures
Our delegates and award winners returned for the morning session at Westminster Plaza and were treated to an inspirational talk from 'Touching the Void' mountaineer Joe Simpson.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 12:53 pm
- VIDEO: High above Myanmar's ancient temples
As part of a series looking at cool jobs across Asia, the BBC's Jonah Fisher meets a hot air balloon pilot who flies over Myanmar's ancient temple city, Bagan.
Posted on 12 March 2014 | 1:51 am
- 'Skills vacuum' warning from CBI
The Confederation of British Industry wants action to make science, technology, engineering and maths careers 'more attractive'
Posted on 12 March 2014 | 12:38 am
- Let's think about ideas
Do all the best ideas come out of a good argument?
Posted on 12 March 2014 | 12:30 am
- Where the only rule is 'be cool'
Where the only rule is 'be cool'
Posted on 12 March 2014 | 12:19 am
- Can Osborne get more houses built?
The chancellor's house-building challenge
Posted on 12 March 2014 | 12:06 am
- Co-Op Must 'Work To Rebuild Customer's Trust'
The troubled Co-operative Group appoints an interim CEO following the resignation of a frustrated Euan Sutherland.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 9:14 pm
- French Firm Homair Eyes Raid On UK's Eurocamp
A French mobile holiday home operator is poised to swoop on one of the biggest operators in the UK, Sky News understands.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 8:03 pm
- Bob Crow: Sudden Death Of Union Leader
The RMT union leader is praised as a working class hero by figures on both sides of the political divide after his sudden death.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 7:26 pm
- Questions Of Trust As Bank Quizzed Over Forex
The admission than MPC recordings are routinely destroyed sets a sceptical tone as BoE chiefs face another rate-fixing scandal.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 6:49 pm
- Manchester United Stake Netted By Baron
The ownership of Manchester United stock becomes clearer as the Premier League club confirms the identity of a major investor.
Posted on 11 March 2014 | 2:07 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor TenetLime Ltd are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.