- Investment arm weighs on Credit Suisse
Net profits fall by a third in the first quarter, missing analysts’ expectations, partly due to a marked decline in revenues from debt trading
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 8:02 am
- China GDP growth slows in first quarter
Slowing growth is raising pressure on Beijing to provide fresh stimulus to head off a potential collapse in growth in the world’s second-largest economy
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 7:53 am
- S&P moves closer to Geithner deposition
Ratings agency attempts to prove government fraud case was launched in retaliation for its US credit downgrade
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 12:23 am
- Moelis IPO hit by market woes
Boutique bank founded by Wall Street veteran Ken Moelis raises $163m but investor concerns lead to cuts in the size and price of the offer
Posted on 15 April 2014 | 11:27 pm
- Monte Paschi shares suspended
Shares in Monte dei Paschi di Siena drop 10% on reports that the bank is considering doubling a proposed capital increase to at least €5bn
Posted on 15 April 2014 | 11:18 pm
- Hargreaves welcomes Woodford launch as assets breach £45bn
Hargreaves Lansdown's revenue rose 8% over the past nine months as the group transitioned for RDR rules.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 8:03 am
- Charles Stanley warns profits 10% lower than expectations
Post-RDR consultancy and IT costs have weighed on profitability at the wealth management group.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 7:25 am
- Mapping UK dividends: where the hotspots lie
With the first quarter out of the way, financial information firm Markit has updated its views on 18 UK sectors for the £75 billion income payout it believes the FTSE 350 will yield in 2014.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 7:00 am
- The Expert View: Resolution, Debenhams and GKN
Our daily roundup of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including 4imprint and Manx Telecom.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 5:01 am
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street inched higher as blue chips rally
Shares gained yesterday as earnings from Coca-Cola Co. and Johnson & Johnson overwhelmed concerns that tensions in Ukraine are worsening.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 4:13 am
- Tesco announces 6% fall in profit
UK supermarket giant Tesco announces a 6% fall in annual group trading profit to £3.3bn, the second year that profits have fallen.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 8:30 am
- China's 7.4% growth beats forecast
China's economy expanded by 7.4% in the first quarter of the year, better than expected but down from 7.7% at the end of 2013.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 5:38 am
- 'Shocking' rise in use of food banks
Hundreds of thousands more people are turning to food banks to stop themselves from going hungry, says charity the Trussell Trust.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 3:29 am
- China 'must allow currency to rise'
The US tells China its currency must be allowed to rise if its own and the rest of the world's economy are to see stable growth.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 2:28 am
- How 3D is changing the shape of lessons
How 3D printing is changing the shape of lessons
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 12:02 am
- Tesco Full-Year Profit Slumps 6% To £3.3bn
Britain's biggest supermarket chain sees a drop in annual profit, as turmoil continues to hit the ultra-competitive sector.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 7:14 am
- Scotland Split Would Risk Jobs, Warns Hammond
The minister says people are entitled to "honest answers to questions" - and claims independence would threaten Scottish jobs.
Posted on 15 April 2014 | 7:59 pm
- Google Buys Drone Maker Titan Aerospace
The purchase sees Google steal a march on Facebook in their race to develop technology to improve global internet access.
Posted on 15 April 2014 | 7:43 pm
- House Price Concern As Wider Inflation Eases
Wage rises could be finally outstripping inflation for the first time in years though house price growth continues apace.
Posted on 15 April 2014 | 7:10 pm
- Google New Terms Clarify All Emails Are Scanned
The internet giant clarifies its Gmail terms after being criticised for not being clear enough about its scanning practices.
Posted on 15 April 2014 | 4:02 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor TenetLime Ltd are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.